Up to 49% of Canadians planned to renovate their homes. 39% of them said they went over their budget and spent more than they should have. Those numbers indicate that homeowners struggle with the cost expectations of home renovations in Calgary, unaware of how it damages their future finances.
Particularly with complete home renovations. While renovating a room or two can cost you plenty of money, renovating a whole house entirely is going to set you back. Therefore, it’s critical to know what the whole process will cost and what can impact your budget.
What Impacts the Cost of House Renovations in Calgary?
Several critical factors will influence the cost of your home renovations. If you don’t consider them, you could be shocked when you find out that you’ve spent more than you know. Do your research and consider the following factors:
- The size of your home – the larger your property, the more it will cost you to renovate it, as naturally, there is more work to do.
- The age of your home – the older your property, the more work might be required to repair it and handle surprises.
- The complexity of the renovations – over-the-top and challenging projects will set you back in terms of the work, products and issues that can arise. Be wary that extensions or re-arranging plumbing or electrical systems can cost more.
- The cost of the Calgary renovations company – you want the best team possible for the job, which means you have to pay for it. But you’re getting more experienced, professional home remodelling contractors that can execute your vision to perfection.
- The quality of the products – spending money on quality products and additions means getting them back through your property’s value.
Permits and buildings fees – in most cases, you might need building permits from the City of Calgary, which will cost you fees.
The Cost for Complete Home Renovations in Calgary
The only way to determine the costs of a complete home renovation in Calgary is to combine each room’s average figure. Therefore, according to Greedy Rates, the average cost for the following renovations are:
- Kitchen renovations – $35,000
- Bathroom renovations – $20,000 +
- Basement Development – $10,000 +
- Painting Cost: – $10,000 +
Tally up the essential renovations in each home. Then add additional work, such as living rooms, bedrooms, backyards, and so forth. Finally, you will have the average cost of completely renovating your home. Anywhere between $75,000 to $150,000, depending on all the above factors mentioned.
Solid Solutions Renovations commits to providing homeowners and developers in Calgary with all their renovations needs. From kitchen renovations to basement developments in Calgary, we’re your one-stop-shop for everything. Our team will work side-by-side with you to ensure that your vision comes to life. We’re open with our processes and communication, and will happily answer any questions or concerns you have. We proudly serve Calgary and surrounding areas, including Airdrie, Chestermere, Cochrane, Okotoks, and more. For home renovations in Calgary, contact Solid Solutions Renovations at 403-477-0987 today.